A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Wednesday 20 November 2019

Autumn Leaves OR Mind-Body-Spirit, No Stranger to the Fall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

A new poem today, taking shape in my head as I looked out over a garden covered with fallen leaves, recalling another time,another place, another you-me-us...

We all get angry sometimes, even take it out on loved ones who resent  harsh words they do not deserve while we, in turn, resent their giving as good as they get.

Life is too short and love too precious to slam the door on reconciliation as, sadly, so many of us do...until we feel a pressing need to open the damn door, only to discover we have left it too late and pride really does come before a fall ...

AUTUMN LEAVES or MIND-BODY-SPIRIT, NO STRANGER TO THE FALL

Autumn leaves,
like love letters on my lawn
reminding me...
you're gone, never to return
since we parted
with angry words, duellers,
swords drawn

Autumn leaves,
like tears on the same pillows
we once shared...
where now I but toss and turn,
yearning for you,
for our lovemaking sublime,
dream come true

Autumn leaves,
like dreams in a blustery wind,
as if telling me
to my face, what a fool am I
having let you go
without letting you know
I need you so

Autumn leaves,
like a shower of confetti on us
in celebration
of paradise regained, our love
declared a winner,
anger, self-confessed loser,
duel over

Copyright R. N. Taber 2019; 2020

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home