A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Saturday 12 July 2014

Anatomy of Illusion


It often seems to me that everyday life is all about reading between lines, exposing rhetoric, making choices based on hunches…and hoping for the best.

ANATOMY OF ILLUSION

World keeps turning;
life choices
like everyday heroes
exposing tricks of light
for shadows

World keeps turning;
its worst divisions
hosting jaded heroes
performing tricks of light
among shadows

World keeps turning
open minds,
its comic strip heroes
chasing Job’s comforters
into shadows

World keeps turning;
room at the top
for air brushed heroes
blaming the worst selfies
on shadows

World keeps turning;
Earth Mother
inciting its heroes
to challenge illusions cast
by shadows

Shadows, infiltrating
a world turning
on everyday heroes
tripping the light fantastic
into chaos


Copyright R. N. Taber 2014

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home