A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Monday 19 May 2014

Ghosts, a Posthumous Consciousness


Yes, I believe in ghosts just as I believe in an all-embracing posthumous consciousness or presence to which each of us contributes and in which everyone plays his or her part in a spiritual dimension that does not even recognise so has no need to measure any human concept of time. I do not mean 'spiritual' in any religious sense either, but in a far wider, more inclusive sense and continuum than it strikes me any 'closed shop' world religions can offer.

GHOSTS, A POSTHUMOUS CONSCIOUSNESS

I have sat with Greats
at a round table, chewing flesh
off bones

I have fought at battles
won and lost, seen vultures pick
the bones

I engage with political
and religious leaders in disputing
old bones

I’ve been good and bad,
done right and wrong, all for a bag
of bones

I have shared a beggar’s
patch, withering looks freezing up
the bones

I have lain in The Road,
and felt the wheels of time crushing
my bones

I urge the young to learn
a thing or two from the home truths
in their bones 

I urge the old to live, let live,
and breathe fire for the next phoenix
rising


Copyright R. N. Taber 2014





Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home