Monday, 14 April 2014

Love, Companion for Life


Now, some of us find that special someone to share our lives and others never do, while some of us find him or her only to lose them again.

Whatever, most of us have a dream that is always with us, both our comfort and inspiration.

This poem is a villanelle.

LOVE, COMPANION FOR LIFE

Always with me, life companion
(true love so far, so near);
a tall shadow dancing on its own

Left half-awake in my bed alone,
it whispers poems in my ear;
always with me, life companion

Above, a jet plane’s sleepy drone
promises nothing to fear;
a tall shadow dancing on its own

No tears for a lonely half-person
whose way ahead unclear;
always with me, life companion

Come day, night, sun and moon,
its presence strong and dear,
a tall shadow dancing on its own

Asleep, lovers on a plane flown
where summer lasts forever;
always with me, life companion,
a tall shadow dancing on its own

Copyright R. N. Taber 2012 



No comments :