A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Monday 7 February 2022

Hello again from London UK (Problem solved)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

Hello again, folks,

Referring back to yesterday's post, a reader J T has emailed to say he has had a similar problem and asks if mine was resolved in the end. I am pleased to say that, yes, it appears to have been resolved, but I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating if we manage to access the exhibition in April. The booking firm eventually sent me QR codes. I have not been able to print them out, but the booking firm assures me that I only need to present the email and we will be allowed access. To be on the safe side, I will also make sure I take ID with me. So,... fingers crossed for a Happy Ending after all.😉

A friend who is a lot younger than me and knows his way around modern technology far better, says he had a similar problem because the appropriate app he needed to load to access the tickets didn't work.  In the end, he did not get to the exhibition because, like me, he was not familiar with QR codes and did not think to ask for them to be emailed to him. 

Younger or older, few if any of us can afford to waste money, especially with the cost of living rising just about everywhere and energy prices soaring.

I have written to Age UK to relate my Tale of Stress as a warning to others. A young friend expressed wide-eyed amazement that I did not know about electronic tickets, but I am clearly not the only one. Mind you, I do get easily confused these days. Even so, there would appear to be a lack  of information doing the rounds on the subject... so I refuse to take the blame for my ignorance just because I am growing old and inclined to lose the proverbial plot easily. 😉

It has been such a stressful weekend that I am now going to take my leave of you all, rest up for a bit and then get on with my next poem, 'Empathy with a Camel'. Working on a poem invariably helps improve my mood, gives depressive thoughts  the old heave-ho and puts me back on an even(ish) keel for feeling my way across the sifting, shifting sands of time.  As I have said before on other poem-posts, never underestimate the power of creative therapy, whether it be writing, music, art, gardening, handicrafts, knitting, dress-making... or simply going for a walk and communing with nature...whatever we love doing most.. If the cap fits, wear it. 😉

Take care, keep well, stay safe and keep trying to look on the bright(er) side of life whoever, wherever you are in the world, and whatever your circumstances. It's never easy, I know, but we cannot let the vagaries of life get us down to the point when we start to feel broken. If those responsible for such vagaries want a fight, let's give it to 'em yeah?  Some organizations need to earn that to underestimate the human spirit is asking for trouble...😉

Love 'n' hugs all round,

Roger




Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home