A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Tuesday 26 June 2012

The Zen of Flower Arranging

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

This poem has appeared in several anthologies and is a favourite of mine. Feedback suggests that it is a favourite with many of you, too, so that is great news. I know I am seen as something of an anachronism by many people because my frequent use of rhythm and rhyme is not what they have come to expect from modern poetry.

Positive feedback is always especially welcome and very encouraging. At the same time, never hold back from getting in touch to tell me otherwise; if you have something to say, say it, and if you email me (rogertab@aol.com) or include an email address if using using the Comments box, I will always reply/ Although I never post comments, I always read them, and thanks for sending.

THE ZEN OF FLOWER ARRANGING

Flowers in my window saying I love you;
flowers in my window showing how I care;
flowers in my window, dreaming of you;
flowers in my window to tell you I’m near

Flowers in my window, story of our love,
a sweet dream of springtime in winter’s sigh;
Flowers in my window, make a fine show
of welcoming the world though it pass us by

Flowers in my window, reflections of you;
flowers in my window, highlights in the hair;
flowers in my window, love running true;
flowers in my window, as if you were here

Dreams in my window, we'll always believe;
dreams in my window, gifts from your grave

Copyright R N Taber 2007. 2019

[Note: An earlier version of this poem appears in Accomplices to Illusion by R. N. Taber, Assembly Books, 2007.]



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home