A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Saturday 27 April 2013

Spring Sunshine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

We talk about the spring, summer, autumn and winter of our years (which probably places me in mid winter) but I suspect that for most if not all of us, at heart anyway,  it’s always spring…

[Photo taken from the Internet]]

SPRING SUNSHINE 

Oh, for spring’s leafy corner of the heart
where I love to lie and watch the sunrise,
a beacon of hope to guide us at the start,
its life-shadows playing tricks on our eyes

Each time a cloud passes over my head,
they home in on me, such shadows, on wing,
like birds of prey demanding to be fed
or winter dreams grown impatient for spring

Clouds pass, leafy sky fills with song again
come the sun at noon and twilight’s descent;
though shadows chill a heart like winter rain,
in one corner, spring sunshine never spent

Where nature gives and nature takes away,
in love’s leafy corner, spring sure to stay…

Copyright R. N. Taber 2007; 2013

[Note: The first line of the final couplet has been revised from an earlier version of this poem that appears in 1st eds. of Accomplices to Illusion by R. N. Taber, Assembly Books, 2007; 2nd (revised) e-edition in preparation.]

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home