A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Thursday 27 December 2012

Prime Time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

Life experience is a wonderful thing. We should make the best of things and let the worst go the same way as a snowman.

Easier said than done, I hear you say? True. But the alternative is unthinkable. When the going gets rough, we can but work at turning things around. I’m not usually one for clichés…BUT…where there’s a will, there is (invariably) a way. Things DO get better, believe me although, sadly, not always when we need them to the most.

Hang in there, folks! I did, and any negatives are vastly outnumbered by positives. regrets are vastly outnumbered by positives. (Did I say it was easy...?)

PRIME TIME

Seconds, hours,
days, years,
lifting spirits, teasing
the soul,
chasing after butterflies
in summer sunshine,
looking out for rainbows
after autumn rain,
watching the snowmen
melt away,
waiting for springtime
to come again

Turns the wheel slowly,
now faster, slower
creaking like human bones
on a rack pulled 
now this way, now that ...

Though time, it rushes in
and nature. seek cover, 
between a common sun's
rising and setting,
there is love for the taking,
no matter the world,
its ever working us over

So, let’s all be making time
for one another

Copyright R N Taber 2004

[Note: An earlier version of this poems appears in The Third Eye by R. N. Taber, Assembly Books, 2004]

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home