A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Saturday 25 April 2015

Homing in on a Brave New World

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

If learning is a rites of passage, the foundations of learning must lie with love or why do any of us make the journey in the first place…? 

Love is the greater of all human life forces, whoever and wherever we are in the world, regardless of any socio-cultural-religious and, yes, sexual persuasion, not least because it does not discriminate but takes us as it finds us, no holds barred.

It takes various shapes and forms, of course, love; places and aspects of the natural world will often feed us lovely memories, all the more so, though, if they include loved ones and/or close friends who share them also.

HOMING IN ON A BRAVE NEW WORLD

Once upon a time
in the sunshine, fickle world
spinning me round
till a mist closing in on me
where mistakes
and regrets come to haunt
as they always have, and I dare say
always will…

Oh, but hastily passing them by,
my world and I

The mist begins to clear,
and instead of taunts,
I can hear sweet birdsong
in summer air,
singing love songs, reciting poems
about kinder
as well as darker aspects
of humanity…

Oh, but hastily passing them by,
my world and I

Music, still tugging  
at heartstrings,
inspiring we nature lovers
everywhere
to let open mind and spirit take us
by the hand
as a child to its elders bound,
asking questions…

Oh, but hastily passing them by,
my world and I

Words, lightly hovering
on each ear
like birds in mid-flight before
journeying on
(and who knows why or where?);
sense and sensibility
converging from the start
on the human heart

Oh, but hastily passing them by,
my world and I

Love, invading the senses
like sunshine,
lighting up shadowy corners
of the self,
left inarticulate and ineffective
by inexperience,
ready to accept responsibility
for a new maturity


Copyright R. N. Taber 2015

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home