Saturday, 25 April 2015

Love, a Lesson for Life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

If learning is a life-passage, the foundations of learning must lie with love or why do any of us make the journey in the first place…?

LOVE, A LESSON FOR LIFE

Once upon a time
in the sunshine, fickle world
spinning me round
till a mist closing in on me
where mistakes
and regrets come to haunt
as they always have, and I dare say
always will…

Oh, but hastily passing them by,
the world and I

The mist begins to clear,
and instead of taunts,
I can hear sweet birdsong
in summer air,
singing love songs, reciting poems
about kinder
as well as darker aspects
of humanity…

Oh, but hastily passing them by,
the world and I

Music, still tugging  
at heartstrings,
inspiring we nature lovers
everywhere
to let open mind and spirit take us
by the hand
as a child to its elders bound,
asking questions…

Oh, but hastily passing them by,
the world and I

Words, lightly hovering
on each ear
like birds in mid-flight before
journeying on
(and who knows why or where?);
sense and sensibility
converging from the start
on the human heart

Oh, but hastily passing them by,
the world and I

Love, invading the senses
like sunshine,
lighting up shadowy corners
of the self,
left inarticulate and ineffective
by inexperience,
ready to accept responsibility
for a new maturity


Copyright R. N. Taber 2015

No comments :