A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Saturday 10 May 2014

The Walker OR Creative Therapy for Couch Potatoes


I can confirm that spring here in the UK is not the season it used to be; blame global warming, tricks of memory, whatever…

A neighbour remarked only recently that, ‘Before we know it, winter will be here. Our weather these days is not only unreliable, but so defeating...’

Defeating...? I beg to differ.

THE WALKER or CREATIVE THERAPY FOR COUCH POTATOES

I’ll walk among trees today,
watch leaves fall, even hear autumn
calling

I’ll cross green fields,
catch a flypast of swallows not (yet)
for turning

I’ll stroll a feisty twilight,
a soft, golden glow like altar candles
flickering

I’ll confess a world not done
with me yet on a moon, for its lovers,
still rising

I’ll take each season to task
for any joyless echoes among choirs
sweetly singing

I’ll resist any erosion of senses
by a north wind bent on giving tears
an airing

I’ll let Earth Mother embrace me,
feel loved where waves of loneliness
breaking

I’ll defy body, mind or spirit
to defeat me notwithstanding worldly
nemeses


Copyright R. N. Taber 2012

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home