A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Symphony Pathétique


For me, love and nature go hand in hand. There is nothing more natural or beautiful in this life than to love...unless it is to be loved in return.

As for our sexuality - gay, straight or transgender - love does not discriminate so by what right does anyone else?

The death of a loved one, in any circumstances, is one of the hardest things we have to face in life. Thinking about death, though, does not have to be morbid or depressing. We just have to remember that spring always follows winter and be glad for the good times. [True, it’s never easy, but always worthwhile.]

As I have said before on my blogs, and dare say will again, moving on does not mean leaving anyone behind.

SYMPHONY PATHETIQUE

I see the sunrise in your eyes,
watch it set in your hair,
but when I’d kiss you goodnight,
you’re not there

I laugh with you in the rain
like we hadn’t a care,
but when the sun starts to shine
you’re not there

Media homing in on the spread
of HIV-AIDS everywhere,
the rhetoric of concern exposed
for an empty chair

If heaven’s kisses bitter-sweet
for the love in our care,
dare we betray, fail to keep it safe
in lust’s dark lair?

But for your love in my heart,
I could not bear
to know each time I take a fall
you’re not there

Let nature leave its mark on us
nor its passion us spare;
come mind-body-spirit awakened,
you are there

Copyright R. N. Taber 2010; 2018


[Note: This poem first appears under the title ‘Sympathetique’ in On the Battlefields of Love by R. N. Taber, Assembly Books, 2010.]













Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home