Tuesday, 14 January 2014

L-O-V-E, Evergreen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

Love, like life, has its seasons and, yes, we all know how changeable seasons can be while always making their presence felt. 

Much the same can be said of time. (We only have to look in a mirror to work that one out.)  

Yet, of one thing we can be certain; whatever our colour, creed, sex or sexuality and, yes, age too, spring will always follow winter as sure as sunshine follows rain.

L-O-V-E, EVERGREEN

When I dream of you, we are in springtime
among high hopes I’ll not forget

When I think of you, it is midsummer,
(that rainy day we first met)

Your kisses linger on my lips, invoke images  
of autumn leaves gently falling

When I hear someone speak your name,
it’s but a winter robin calling

To love, like nature, a splendour all its own,
and we, though parted, never alone


Copyright R. N. Taber 2007; 2013

No comments :