A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Past-Present-Future, Rescue Strategy OR Living With Ghosts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

Time itself heals nothing. Gradually, though, happy memories become even more precious, help sustain us in our loss, encourage and inspire us to get on with our lives.

There is no feeling more inspiring than love, in all its forms. Sadly, for every human spirit emanating love, there is a global consciousness that has missed out on some if not all of it.

PAST-PRESENT-FUTURE, RESCUE STRATEGY or LIVING WITH GHOSTS 

I glimpsed a ghost
in spring leaves,
a fragile thing, flickering
with loss and pain
till joy, its brighter light.
bursts through - winter, woods
 alive again

I glimpsed a ghost
in summer leaves
a bold thing, enjoying
no finer freedom
than hope, a brighter light
bursting through - greenwoods
strong again

I glimpsed a ghost
in autumn leaves,
such a pretty thing, high
on colourful passions
like home fires acting out
lmuch like the mummers of old 
in a play

I glimpsed a ghost
in winter snow,
a sad thing, its sorrow
shining through…
Yet love, a brighter light,
acting the Guardian, watching
over our graves

Copyright R N Taber 2007, 2019

[Note: An earlier version of this poem appears in Accomplices To Illusion, by R. N. Taber, Assembly Books, 2007]

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home