A Poet's Blog: Roger N.Taber shares his thoughts & poems...

Thoughts and observations by English poet Roger N. Taber, a retired librarian and poet-novelist.- "Ethnicity, Religion, Gender, Sexuality ... these are but parts of a whole. It is the whole that counts." RNT [NB While I have no wish to create a social network, I will always reply to critical emails about my poetry. Contact: rogertab@aol.com].

Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Sadly, a bad fall in 2012 has left me with a mobility problem, and being diagnosed with prostate cancer the same year hasn't helped, but I get out and about with my trusty walking stick as much as I can, take each day as it comes and try to keep looking on the bright(er) side of life. Many of my poems reflect the need to nurture a positive-thinking mindset whatever life throws at us.

Thursday 31 January 2013

A Feeling for Life

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._N._Taber

Where there is life there will one day be death. Can we trust the poetry of love to inspire us with a spirituality transcending both?  I happen to think so. Whatever, we should never underestimate the sum total of our lives or see the creating of even a single love poem as time wasted.

As for love itself, it comes in various shapes and forms...like poetry.

Me, I enjoy reading and writing poems. Most of us, I suspect, simply get on with the business of living them.
  
 A FEELING FOR LIFE

As Death stretches out
a greedy hand to take you,
too well I understand
its craving for a life-saving
beauty

As Death holds up
a forbidding hand  to me,
too well it understands
my craving for a life-saving
passion

Death’s hands spread
in despair at failing to keep
me from you; over life,
its victory assured, but never
over love

Where the world lies
in Death’s grasping palms,
find immortality
in every love poem that
ever lived

Copyright R. N. Taber 2004; 2012

[Note: An earlier version of this poem appears in 1st eds. of The Third Eye by R. N. Taber, Assembly Books, 2004; 2nd (revised) e-edition in preparation.]]

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home